Tactile Robotics is a Canadian technology development and consulting company that brings together a talented team of engineers, roboticists, statisticians, scientists, and health science experts across the globe. We endeavor to employ technologies in the areas of haptics, robotics and instrumentation to develop tactile-based instruments for engineering, medicine, dentistry, and rehabilitation therapy.
We are currently seeking a part-time Software Developer (20 hours per week) to develop our software and connect the developed software to our novel state-of-the-art robotic platform for rehabilitation. The ideal candidate would be a software developer who has a good understanding of the wireless communication protocols (MQTT/HTTP/TCP/UDP), database design and can work closely with our current R&D team to build the Desktop, Cross platform Mobile and VR applications. The candidate is responsible for researching, evaluating, implementing and testing new and innovative ways of using emerging technologies for software development. The lab and office are located at the Smartpark, University of Manitoba, where the candidate should work.
The candidate will have the following credentials and skills:
- Be able to work as a team member
- Have a strong command of C# and Python programming
- Be experienced with WPF graphical subsystem
- Be willing to learn new skills as required
- Be experienced with machine learning and data-driven analysis
- Be experienced with WPF platform
- Be experienced with MQTT/TCP/UDP/HTTP protocols
- Strong understanding of 3D asset creation and animation, textures, and UI design
- Have a strong knowledge on building mobile apps using React Native or Xamarin
- Multi-OS (Windows and Linux) platform experience
- Be Familiar with 3D, real-time computer graphics, knowledge of OpenGL
- Experience in designing SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in building web services.
- Collaborating with our partners at different universities
- Translating the end-user feedback to engineering language for our R&D department
- Participating in technical meetings.
- Continuously test, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize on applicable hardware and software.
- Developing software on a range of platforms including Windows, Linux, iOS, Android and Arduino.
- Researching the possibilities of virtual reality using WPF.
- Cross-technology problem solving
- Contributing in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Participating in an agile workflow using tools like Jira, Gitlab, Slack and Notion
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with programming in C# and Python.
Prior experience with haptics and robotics is an asset. All applicants must have superb oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated excellence in academic writing.
Anticipated start date: Immediately.
Salary: 20 CAD/ hour