Tactile Robotics is a Canadian technology development and consulting company that brings together a talented team of engineers, roboticists, statisticians, scientists, and health science experts across the globe. We endeavor to employ technologies in the areas of haptics, robotics and instrumentation to develop tactile-based instruments for engineering, medicine, dentistry, and rehabilitation therapy.
We are currently seeking a full/part-time electrical/computer engineer or computer scientist to join our R&D team. As a member of the engineering team in Tactile Robotics, the engineer will work closely with the R&D team to design, build and test high-reliability custom-integrated system in the fields of haptics, robotics, and IoT.
- Design and implement communication protocols (RTP, UDP, MQTT)
- Design and implement software for embedded systems
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Review codes and provide feedback
- Document the work performed
- Develop shared libraries that can be used across multiple projects
- Troubleshooting Software issues
- Experience with Software Design and Development
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to build and design reusable software
- Good working knowledge of Git, C, C
- Ability to multi-task and switch between different projects
- Strong knowledge of Communication Protocols is a must
- Good to have cross-platform mobile application development skills ( Xamarin or React Native)
- Attention to details
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Familiarity with PCB design is good to have
Salary: $20-$24 per hour. The salary will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Location: The lab and office are located at the Smart Park, University of Manitoba.
How to apply? Please forward your resume to hr@TactileRobotics.ca}