Embedded Hardware Developer – Full Time (Ref# TR-RD-2021-03)
Tactile Robotics is looking for an embedded hardware developer (full-time basis, 40 hours/week). As a member of the engineering team in Tactile Robotics LTD., the embedded hardware designer will work closely with the R&D team to design, build and test high-reliability custom-integrated systems in the field of robotics as well as to write interface-required programs using IDEs such as Arduino IDE and CLion.
The candidate must have experience with embedded system design with 8-bits and 32-bits processors and should be able to capture design requirements, perform system-level design as well as PCB design, prototyping, and testing. In this role, he/she is responsible for providing the best approaches to realize complex hardware designs using their board-level skills and in-depth knowledge of signal integrity, analog and digital design, system interfacing.
- Capturing project-specific design requirements and identify appropriate hardware design architecture;
- Designing custom-integrated embedded platforms based on the identified hardware architecture considering design-cost tradeoffs;
- PCB designing, prototyping, and testing;
- Firmware development for the 8-bits and 32 bits processors.
- Seeking/providing consultation to the rest of the engineering team (e.g. mechanical designers, software developers)
- Provide guidance on electronic components and device selection and purchasing.
* More specifically, the candidate must have a strong knowledge of:
1) PCB design software such as Eagle.
2) Different interfaces such as USB, UART, I2C, SWD, etc.
3) Different processors such as Microchip, ESP, and NRF52.
4) Firmware development for IoT devices including BLE and Wi-Fi.
5) C/C++ programming skills in memory-limited devices.
- 3+ years of experience in circuit design and analysis.
- Proficiency in C/C++ programming.
- Familiar with ARM Cortex-M architecture and programming tools such as j-link.
- Understanding circuitry system of motor drivers, sensors, BLE, and ESP Wi-Fi modules.
- Design experience Microprocessor/Microcontroller interfaces such as USB, I2C, SPI, memory interfaces such as SDRAM controllers, Flash, SRAM;
- Hands-on hardware build, test, and integration experience.
- Experience with benchmark circuit design tools.
- Strong experience in soldering SMD chipsets (to sometimes help the electrical technician)
- Minimum 3 years
Anticipated start date
Anticipated start date
- The salary will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
How to Apply?
- Please send your resume and cover letter to hr [AT] TactileRobotics [DOT] ca. A job reference number at the SUBJECT of the email is required.