Job Title: Mechanical Drafter/Designer
Job description: Tactile Robotics is expanding. We are looking to add a Mechanical Designer/Drafter to the engineering located at the University of Manitoba Smart Park, where the candidate should work. In this role, you will be tasked with assisting production and R&D with the implementation of new designs and changes to existing designs of medical robotic and sensorized platforms.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create and modify new and existing designs for medical robotic and sensorized platforms.
- Work with production, purchasing, service, quality and R & D to resolve design issues.
- Work independently and in a team setting to complete projects on time.
- Active enrollment in a recognized professional engineering association.
- Occasional visits to test sites.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or MET Diploma.
- Mechanical aptitude and practical mechanical skills.
- Preference is given to those with previous experience in medical/robotic equipment design work.
- One to two years of mechanical design experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to explain and understand technical ideas and concepts.
- Ability to understand and read product drawings.
- Capable of managing multiple ongoing projects.
- High attention to detail.
- Knowledge of computers and software (Microsoft Office®, AutoDesk Inventor, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Ability to work in a work environment with set deadlines.
- Creative thinker with good problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Cooperative with the willingness to assist in other areas in order to meet deadlines.
Anticipated start date: ASAP.
Salary: The salary will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate