Tactile Robotics is a Canadian technology development and consulting company that brings together a talented team of engineers, roboticists, statisticians, scientists, and health science experts across the globe. We endeavor to employ technologies in the areas of haptics, robotics and instrumentation to develop tactile-based instruments for engineering, medicine, dentistry, and rehabilitation therapy.
The ideal candidate would be a full-stack software developer who has a good understanding of the communication protocols over the network (MQTT/HTTP/TCP/UDP), database design and can work closely with our current R&D team to build desktop, cross-platform mobile and VR applications. The candidate is responsible for researching, evaluating, implementing and testing new and innovative ways of using emerging technologies for software development.
The candidate will have the following credentials and skills:
- Be able to work as a team member
- Have a strong command of C# and Python programming
- Be experienced with desktop application programming (preferably C# WPF)
- Have a strong knowledge on building cross-platform mobile apps (preferably C# Xamarin)
- Experience in configuring and utilizing a backend-as-a-service (BaaS) provider such as Firebase or being able to implement web services on their own
- Be experienced with MQTT/TCP/UDP/HTTP protocols
- Multi-OS (Windows and Linux) platform experience
- Be willing to learn new skills as required
- Experience in VR development in Unity/Unreal is considered an asset
- Familiarity with 3D, real-time computer graphics, knowledge of OpenGL is an asset
- Experience in machine learning and data-driven analysis is considered an asset
- Collaborating with our partners at different universities
- Translating the end-user feedback to engineering language for our R&D department
- Participating in technical meetings.
- Continuously test, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize on applicable hardware and software.
- Developing software on a range of platforms including Windows, Linux, iOS, Android and Arduino.
- Cross-technology problem solving
- Contributing in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Participating in an agile workflow using tools like Jira, Gitlab, Slack and Notion
Prior experience with haptics and robotics is an asset. All applicants must have superb oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated excellence in academic writing.
Anticipated start date: Immediately.